One of the more disturbing trends on the internet is the phenomenon of targeted advertising. After you search for something, suddenly you find ads for your search on every page you visit, sometimes for days or even weeks at a time.
This is all thanks to Google. When you use Google’s search engine, it collects that information and curates the ads you see from various retailers and service providers. If that thought bothers you, not to worry! You can clear your Google search history with a few simple steps.
There are two methods for clearing your search history.
- Go to myactivity.google.com and make sure you’re signed in with your Google account.
- Choose “Delete activity by” from the left-hand sidebar.
- In the form provided, first choose your date range, then go to the drop-down menu labeled “All Products” and choose “search”.
- Click “delete”.
- Go to the Google homepage while you’re logged into your Google account.
- Click on “Settings”, then “Your data in search”.
- Choose either to review your search history, delete your search history from the last hour, or delete all your search history all the way back to 2005.
Deleting your search history isn’t strictly necessary, but it will keep Google from being able to target your ads. Not only that, regularly clearing your search history will also help keep your internet activity private and protect your personal information.
We provide affordable, reliable high-speed Internet service in your area. Contact us today to see what we can do for you!